I use two types of water sprayers
#1. Pump sprayers
These have a pump which builds up pressure in the reservoir, and then a trigger is used to release the water spray. They are better for bigger jobs, such as watering many plants, watering large terrariums, and watering areas that are hard to reach. I have two models of pump sprayers; both are Solo brand.
#2. Handheld misting bottles
These spray by pulling a pump action trigger. They’re better for smaller jobs, such as moistening plants and terraria while working with them, or misting small terrariums.
Some examples of things that water sprayers are useful for are:
- Misting terrariums
- Misting and watering plants
- Watering things that are hard to reach
- Rinsing glass and bins
- Spraying liquid fertilizers and chemicals
Some tips for water sprayers are:
- Keep them away from bright light to prevent algae growth
- Release the pressure from pump sprayers if you won’t be using them for a while, to prolong the life of the device.
- You can print labels to specify what is contained in each sprayer, such as the type and strength of a fertilizer
- Some hand held misters have colored heads or bottles, which can be used to color code. For example
- Blue could indicate pure water
- Green could indicate fertilizer
- Red could indicate chemicals